Monday, March 8, 2010

The Big Brother Syndrome

Jeffrey tries very hard to be a big brother. It's a full-time job.


There's holding the baby...

Playing with him...


Helping him go to sleep...


Feeding him....


And testing out his equipment. (Strictly for safety purposes, of course.)


But sometimes, Jeffrey takes his job a bit too seriously. The other morning, he and Brandon woke up around the same time, and he decided Brandon needed some entertainment.

I heard some intermittent crying that morning for about an hour, but since it always quieted back down I assumed Brandon was still dozing. When the cries finally became genuine, Brian went to get Brandon from his crib and found this:





EVERY toy in the room was piled in there. Not only that, but Jeffrey had taken the time to separate every Lego, empty every baggie, and pull every drawer out of every dollhouse dresser. (Yes, by the way, I give my son dollhouse toys. No apologies. That's just what happens when you have a dollhouse business.) Every inch of the crib was covered 6 inches deep, except for the teeny-tiny corner in which our poor crying Brandon was scrunched.

Oh, brother.


4 comments:

That Girl said...

LAUGHING OUT LOUD.

Shame on you. Kids are sleeping.

mandy said...

oh my gosh that is hilarious!

Tina said...

What a great brother!!! So considerate of his little brother's needs.
I about died when I saw the picture. That was hilarious. I was definitely not expecting that!
Two boys... sure keeps you busy enough with one walking and getting into things right now huh? Good luck when they collaborate and get into REAL trouble together. And, I can't wait to hear all about it... (smile)

Rob and Mely said...

That bottom picture could be the funniest thing I have ever seen!!! I love it!! You have some serious cute little ones!!